Colombian Beneficiary Visa
A beneficiary visa is granted to the spouse, permanent companion, parents and children under twenty-five (25) years of age who are economically dependent on the holder, following proof of the bond or kinship and economic dependence. Children over twenty-five (25) years old with a disability that cannot support themselves can hold a visa as a beneficiary, in which case the beneficiary can only work in the household or study; no other occupations are permitted. The period of validity of the beneficiary visa issued may not exceed that of the visa issued to the holder and thus will expire at the same time as it.
This is a Colombian visa with a duration equal to that of the holder’s visa. The requirements to obtain it are as follows:
- Original, valid passport.
- 2 photos (3cm x 4cm) on a white background.
- Deed or civil record of marriage or birth demonstrating the bond or kinship, duly legalized or apostilled and translated as the case may be.
- The holder’s current visa.
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in Europe and Cuba 23.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in the rest of the world 30.00 Dollars (US$)
- Visa assessment for nationals of Cuba and European countries 40.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for nationals from the rest of the world 52.00 Dollars (US $)
The cost of the beneficiary visa will be equal to that which corresponds to the class and category of the holder’s visa
PLEASE NOTE: Visa applications may be rejected or sent back for additional information, according to the judgment and discretionary power of Colombia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs(Cancilleria). No right to reimbursement of visa application fees or visa fees applies in the event of applications being rejected or sent back for further information.
If your visa application is approved, please remember that you have 15 calendar days to register it with the Colombian immigration authorities (Migración Colombia), or you could receive a fine. The foreigner ID card has an additional cost of COP$190,000, payable to Migración Colombia.