Type M Visa (Spouse)
Type M Visa (Spouse): granted to foreigners wishing to enter the national territory as the spouse or permanent partner of a Colombian national.
This is a Colombian visa granted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for a period of 3 years. The requirements to obtain it are as follows:
- Original, valid passport.
- 2 photos (3cm x 4cm) on a white background.
- Copy of the authenticated citizen ID card of the Colombian national.
- Doument proving marital union with a Colombian national; if you are not married, or do not have a public deed of a domestic partnership issued less than three (3) months prior, you can obtain this document through our attorney at an additional cost. Please contact us.
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in Europe and Cuba 23.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in the rest of the world 30.00 Dollars (US$)
- Visa assessment for nationals of Cuba and European countries 40.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for nationals from the rest of the world 52.00 Dollars (US $)
- Visa for nationals of Cuba and European countries 163.00 Euros (€)
- Visa for nationals from the rest of the world 211.00 Dollars (US$)
- Ecuadorian, Japanese and Korean nationals are exempt from paying visa fees $ 0.00 (US $)
InterCol offers a service to request marriage certificates.
PLEASE NOTE: Visa applications may be rejected or sent back for additional information, according to the judgment and discretionary power of Colombia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs(Cancilleria). No right to reimbursement of visa application fees or visa fees applies in the event of applications being rejected or sent back for further information.
If your visa application is approved, please remember that you have 15 calendar days to register it with the Colombian immigration authorities (Migración Colombia), or you could receive a fine. The foreigner ID card has an additional cost of COP$190,000, payable to Migración Colombia.