Visa Type M (Business)
Type M Visa (Business): Having formed a business company, or invested in the capital stock of a business company for the minimum amounts laid out in the requirements chapter.
- Original, valid passport.
- 2 photos (3cm x 4cm) on a white background.
- Letter of application, accurately detailing the name, address and tax identification number (NIT) of the business company that has been formed or invested in.
- In the case of joint-stock companies, participation in the company is to be certified by a certificate of shareholding structure signed by a public accountant, indicating the amount of capital or assets registered and paid as property of the foreign visa applicant, which must be equal to or more than one hundred (100) times the Colombian current minimum monthly wage.
Please note: The visa authorities may demand the submission of the original partnership agreement, formation document or financial information of the company when the documentation provided is insufficient, shows inconsistencies or requires clarification.
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in Europe and Cuba 23.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in the rest of the world 30.00 Dollars (US$)
- Visa assessment for nationals of Cuba and European countries 40.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for nationals from the rest of the world 52.00 Dollars (US $)
- Visa for nationals of Cuba and European countries 163.00 Euros (€)
- Visa for nationals from the rest of the world 211.00 Dollars (US$)
- Ecuadorian nationals are exempt from paying visa fees $ 0.00 (US $)
NOTE: InterCol provides a personalized advisory service in accounting and tax matters, as well as support throughout the process of forming a business, should you require it. This process would add an additional cost to your bill. Please ask us for information.
PLEASE NOTE: Visa applications may be rejected or sent back for additional information, according to the judgment and discretionary power of Colombia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs(Cancilleria). No right to reimbursement of visa application fees or visa fees applies in the event of applications being rejected or sent back for further information.
If your visa application is approved, please remember that you have 15 calendar days to register it with the Colombian immigration authorities (Migración Colombia), or you could receive a fine. The foreigner ID card has an additional cost of COP$190,000, payable to Migración Colombia.