Visa Type M (Student)
Type M Visa (Student): Being admitted or enrolled in primary, middle or secondary education, or in an undergraduate higher education program in an educational institution in Colombia.
- Original, valid passport.
- 2 photos (3cm x 4cm) on a white background.
- Certificate of admission or registration issued by the educational institution.
- Certificate of existence and legal representation of the institution where the student is enrolled.
- Letter from the foreign applicant, or the person who is financially responsible for them, accompanied by a bank certificate stating that the average monthly income of the last 6 months is more than 10 times the Colombian current monthly minimum wage.
- Visa assessment for nationals of Cuba and European countries 12.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for nationals from the rest of the world 16.00 Dollars (US $)
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in Europe and Cuba 23.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in the rest of the world 30.00 Dollars (US$)
- Ecuadorian, Bolivian, Japanese and Korean nationals are exempt from the payment of visa fees $ 0.00 (US$)
- Visa for nationals of Cuba and European countries 40.00 Euros (€)
- Visa for nationals from the rest of the world 51.00 Dollars (US$)
PLEASE NOTE: Visa applications may be rejected or sent back for additional information, according to the judgment and discretionary power of Colombia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs(Cancilleria). No right to reimbursement of visa application fees or visa fees applies in the event of applications being rejected or sent back for further information.
If your visa application is approved, please remember that you have 15 calendar days to register it with the Colombian immigration authorities (Migración Colombia), or you could receive a fine. The foreigner ID card has an additional cost of COP$190,000, payable to Migración Colombia.