Type V Visa (Temporary service provider)
Type V Visa (Temporary service provider): Visa granted to foreigners who wish to enter the country in order to provide specialized technical assistance to public or private organizations, with or without a work contract.
- Original, valid passport
- 2 photos (3cm x 4cm) on a white background
- Resumen de contrato (summary of contract) form, established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Original contract provided by the company.
- Motivation letter from the employer.
- Bank statements of the employer corresponding to the 6 months prior to the request. The employer must demonstrate an average monthly income of at least one hundred (100) times the current Colombian monthly minimum wage for the 6 months prior to the application, when it is a legal entity. When the employer is a natural person, they must show an average monthly income of at least 10 times the current Colombian monthly minimum wage.
- When the employer is a body or institution of the Colombian state, an international governmental body, a diplomatic mission or a consular office accredited in Colombia, only a visa request letter signed by the legal representative (or whoever acts in their stead) is required.
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in Europe and Cuba 23.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in the rest of the world 30.00 Dollars (US$)
- Visa assessment for nationals of Cuba and European countries 40.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for nationals from the rest of the world 52.00 Dollars (US $)
- Ecuadorian, Japanese and Korean nationals are exempt from paying visa fees $ 0.00 (US$)
- Visa fee for nationals of Cuba and European countries 84.00 Euros (€)
- Visa fee for nationals from the rest of the world 107.00 Dollars (US$)
PLEASE NOTE: Visa applications may be rejected or sent back for additional information, according to the judgment and discretionary power of Colombia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs(Cancilleria). No right to reimbursement of visa application fees or visa fees applies in the event of applications being rejected or sent back for further information.
If your visa application is approved, please remember that you have 15 calendar days to register it with the Colombian immigration authorities (Migración Colombia), or you could receive a fine. The foreigner ID card has an additional cost of COP$190,000, payable to Migración Colombia.