Type M Visa (Worker)
Have employment or long-term employment in Colombia, through a labor relationship or provision of services with a legal or natural person that resides in Colombia.
- Original valid passport.
- 2 photos (3cm x 4cm) on a white background.
- Resumen de contrato (summary of contract) form, established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The visa authorities may demand the submission of the original contract when the information registered in the form is insufficient, shows inconsistencies or requires clarification.
- Motivation letter from the employer.
- Bank statements from the employer corresponding to the 6 months prior to the application. The employer must show an average monthly income of one hundred (100) times the Colombian current monthly minimum wage during the 6 months prior to the application, when it is a legal entity. When the employer is a natural person, they must show an average monthly income of 10 times the Colombian current monthly minimum wage.
- When the employer is a body or institution of the Colombian state, an international governmental body, a diplomatic mission or a consular office accredited in Colombia, only a visa request letter signed by the legal representative (or whoever acts in their stead) is required.
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in Europe and Cuba 23.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in the rest of the world 30.00 Dollars (US$)
- Visa assessment for nationals of Cuba and European countries 40.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for nationals from the rest of the world 52.00 Dollars (US $)
- Ecuadorian, Japanese and Korean nationals are exempt from the payment of visa fees $ 0.00 (US$)
- Visa for nationals of Cuba and European countries 196.00 Euros (€)
- Visa for nationals from the rest of the world 252.00 Dollars (US$)
PLEASE NOTE: Visa applications may be rejected or sent back for additional information, according to the judgment and discretionary power of Colombia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs(Cancilleria). No right to reimbursement of visa application fees or visa fees applies in the event of applications being rejected or sent back for further information.
If your visa application is approved, please remember that you have 15 calendar days to register it with the Colombian immigration authorities (Migración Colombia), or you could receive a fine. The foreigner ID card has an additional cost of COP$190,000, payable to Migración Colombia.