Visa Type M (Freelancer)
Type “M” Visa (Freelance): Have qualification or experience to practice a profession independently, and meet the financial conditions listed in the requirements chapter to do so.
- Original, valid passport.
- 2 photos (3cm x 4cm) on a white background.
- Application letter accompanied by at least 3 certificates of experience in the relevant profession.
- Personal bank statements for the 6 months prior to the request. Applicants for this visa must prove an average income of at least ten (10) times the current Colombian monthly minimum wage.
- In the case of exercising a regulated profession, you must demonstrate suitability through the corresponding permit, license or provisional permit to carry out the profession in Colombia, granted by the competent authority. In the case of exercising an unregulated liberal profession, include your degree certificate duly validated with the Ministry of Education.
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in Europe and Cuba 23.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in the rest of the world 30.00 Dollars (US$)
- Visa assessment for nationals of Cuba and European countries 40.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for nationals from the rest of the world 52.00 Dollars (US $)
- Visa for nationals of Cuba and European countries 163.00 Euros (€)
- Visa for nationals from the rest of the world 211.00 Dollars (US$)
- Ecuadorian nationals are exempt from paying visa fees $ 0.00 (US $)
NOTE: InterCol provides a personalized advisory service with regards to validating your qualifications. Pleases ask us for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: Visa applications may be rejected or sent back for additional information, according to the judgment and discretionary power of Colombia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs(Cancilleria). No right to reimbursement of visa application fees or visa fees applies in the event of applications being rejected or sent back for further information.
If your visa application is approved, please remember that you have 15 calendar days to register it with the Colombian immigration authorities (Migración Colombia), or you could receive a fine. The foreigner ID card has an additional cost of COP$190,000, payable to Migración Colombia.