Visa Type M (Member of religious order)
Temporary Visa M (Member of a religious order): Visa granted to foreigners who wish to enter the national territory as a member of a religious order or creed duly recognized by the Colombian state.
- Original, valid passport
- 2 photos (3cm x 4cm) on a white background
- Certification issued by the Ministry of the Interior, or by the Archdiocese or Diocese, stating that the church, religious denomination or its federation, confederation or association of religious ministers is duly registered.
- Letter from the legal representative or hierarchical superior of the religious community, specifying the mission that the foreigner has come to fulfill, indicating the foreigner’s relationship with the religious organization, and promising the Colombian government to cover all the expenses of their stay, and return to their country of origin or last proven residence, as well as their family, as the case may be.
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in Europe and Cuba 23.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for Ecuadorian nationals in the rest of the world 30.00 Dollars (US$)
- Visa assessment for nationals of Cuba and European countries 40.00 Euros (€)
- Visa assessment for nationals from the rest of the world 52.00 Dollars (US $)
- Ecuadorian, Japanese and Korean nationals are exempt from payment of visa fees $ 0.00 (US$)
- Visa for nationals of Cuba and European countries 196.00 Euros (€)
- Visa for nationals from the rest of the world 252.00 Dollars (US$)
PLEASE NOTE: Visa applications may be rejected or sent back for additional information, according to the judgment and discretionary power of Colombia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs(Cancilleria). No right to reimbursement of visa application fees or visa fees applies in the event of applications being rejected or sent back for further information.
If your visa application is approved, please remember that you have 15 calendar days to register it with the Colombian immigration authorities (Migración Colombia), or you could receive a fine. The foreigner ID card has an additional cost of COP$190,000, payable to Migración Colombia.